Get help with your planning applications in Nottinghamshire
If you’re in need of assistance with obtaining planning permission in Nottinghamshire, contact the team at Bassetlaw Design Services Ltd today.
Step by step guide to your project
1. Contact us: If you would like us to call and discuss your project further, contact us by telephone or e-mail. We can usually visit you within 7 – 10 days, often earlier, and at a time to suit you, including evenings and weekends.
2. Initial visit: During the initial visit, we will fully discuss your project ideas with you and identify any possible design difficulties that may arise, and offer advice and solutions to overcome these. At our initial visit, we will be able to provide you with a quotation for our services. In addition to this, there will be other fees you will need to pay throughout your project. These include council fees (unless exempt) and any other costs which may be incurred, such as structural calculations. Please see ‘fees explained’ below.
3. If you wish to go ahead: If you are happy with our price, let us know and we will arrange a convenient time to carry out a measured survey and discuss your project in more detail.
4. The drawing design process: Following the measured survey and discussions with you, we will produce initial drawings of your project for you to look at, showing the existing site and proposed scheme.
5. Design finalisation: Once you are happy with the design, we will then work them up in detail for planning permission and/or building regulations submissions to be made on your behalf.
6. Planning Permission & Building Regulations Submissions: We will submit the plans to your council for planning permission and/or building regulations. Some projects will require both planning permission and building regulations submissions, some will require one or the other. All these details will be discussed with you during our initial free visit.
Fees explained (Council fees and other costs)
Where planning permission and building regulations submissions are required, we will advise you of these fees during our initial visit. Both submissions are usually made at the same time and the fees will be due directly to the council when your plans are submitted. We will advise you when this is required and include your cheque with our submissions. The fee for our service will be due on obtaining planning permission and building regulations. Please note the following exception: we may advise, on rare occasions, to submit planning permission prior to obtaining building regulations. We will advise you of this during the initial visit and how this would affect the payment of our fees.
Other costs, such as structural calculations, will be discussed with you during the initial visit and will require payment (either direct to the supplier or through us) as and when these services are provided. If your project needed building regulations (we will advise you of this at the initial visit), you will be required to pay a further fee to your council once the building work has started. We will discuss this fee with you during our initial visit, however, the council will invoice you directly for this.
194 Mansfield Road, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 3AB
Established since 1976
Planning and building permissions
Registered Company Address: 194 Mansfield Road, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 3AB.